Sunday 29 December 2013

Construction - Newspaper Advertisement






















When creating my newspaper advertisement I firstly had to take a picture. I scheduled a photoshoot and took some images of my main subject but I wasn't happy with the outcome. I decided to look for other images that I had taken and found this image that was taken whilst on holiday in Dubai. Although not obvious, I feel this image is suitable as one of the main tag lines on my newspaper advertisement is 'Can she go the extra mile?'. This long stretch of road is showing that and linking back to the main subject of the documentary; the marathon. The picture was taken on a Canon SLR camera and was taken in black and white. I imported this image onto iPhoto and played around with different colours but after consulting my focus group, I decided to keep the image black and white. Although I could not find any newspaper advertisements for my genre of documentary, I feel it suits the sporting genre. I personally feel that the black connotes the physical and mental strain of the marathon whereas the white challenges this and shows the positive, thrilling moments when training and running a marathon. I decided to use the same font (Impact) on my newspaper advertisement and my double page spread to keep a consistent house style and so it can be easily recognised as a brand to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment