Wednesday 18 December 2013

Construction - Double Page Spread

1. Firstly, I positioned the image on the left hand side of the double page spread. Although I personally preferred the image on the right, from my research I identified that most images are positioned on the left. I cropped the image to cut the surrounding background out. I ensured the weight and treadmills were present to signify that this was taken in a gym. I also ensured the main character was wearing a Teenage Cancer Trust top to represent the charity that would be included in this documentary. This helps the audience to identify what type of genre this documentary will be focusing on.




2. Once the image was positioned, I then added the social media links to Facebook and Twitter as my target audience will be strong users of social media. This will also help to promote and market the documentary as it will encourage individuals to share and put links to the documentary.










3. I then decided added in the text on the right hand side. I decided to put the first two letters on the left hand side of the page to connect the two pages together. I decided to use a rhetorical question to help engage the audience and try to encourage them to watch the documentary. I then added the time and details of when the documentary will be broadcasted. I put around the date and time black lines to help it stand out. This was also a convention I found in my research that the well-known TV listings magazine TV Times does for the majority of their listings.



4. I then included the Teenage Cancer Trust logo so that the audience and readers can easily recognise that this documentary will include information on the Teenage Cancer Trust. This may also encourage the audience to watch this documentary as they may have been directly affected or had personal experience with the Teenage Cancer Trust.






5. I then added the main article text to my double page spread. I had separately drafted this on word to make it easier when inserting this. I used three columns as this was a typical convention that most double page spreads have. I decided to leave a space to include a pull quote.

6. I then decided to put a pull quote in. I decided to use "Like the marathon, life can sometimes be hard" and "I must believe". I feel these are in a sense emotive which may encourage the audience to watch the documentary. This was also a typical code and convention that I found in my research.

 7. Finally, I inserted a QR code and the page numbers onto the double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment