Saturday 14 September 2013

Research - Learning About Film

It was recommended that I looked at the learning about film website to help me with my filming. Click here to visit this website. From this website, I learnt that:

  • I shouldn't try and fit everything into one shot. Use different shots to show different things.
  • Sound is as important as pictures. Unless you’re making a silent film, you should pay at least as much attention to sound as you do to the images.
  • There are lots of ways to use sound. You can use sound to help show where and when the film is set, draw attention to important things, create an atmosphere or set a mood, depict a character, warn that something is about to happen.
  •  I should show something new with each shot. Show something different, or show a different view of the same thing.
  • I should get the pace right. Don’t make your shots too short so that they just flash by, or so long that the audience gets bored.
  • I should shoot in one direction, then in the opposite direction. If you do this, it makes the editing look less obvious. It also means that you can show a person and what they’re looking at, or two people together, using closeups. This gives the film more impact.
This research will help me with the filming process, as well as editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment